Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Night

I love Fridays. They are wonderful because it means that there are two whole days of weekend in front of me before I have to go to my classes again. It is even better when the Friday comes before a three day weekend.

Speaking of classes, they are great so far! Good news on the textbook front! So far, I have actually been keeping up on the reading for my Church History class, and it is really interesting! One text book, "131 Christians Everyone Should Know" is really interesting, because (as the title indicates) it is basically a collection of short essays on the lives and works of really important and influential Christians throughout the history of the church. So far we have read the section on the martyrs, which was a really interesting section. It is sort of intimidating to read about all of these people who boldly faced death for their faith, and makes me even more aware of just how easy I have it as a Christian in America, and on a Christian University campus no less! Sometimes it makes me wonder whether we as Christians in America are missing out on something crucial, because we dont' face anywhere near the same amount of opposition has other Christians have throughout history. Then again, I should not be at all surprised by the opposition that we do face, and will not be surprised if and when it gets worse.

Anyway, this last week of classes was really good. I think that all of my classes are going to be really good, and I am looking forward to them a lot.

Now, it is Friday night, before a three day weekend! My roommate and I are hanging out tonight. Dinner at Panera Bread and an evening of "House"... sounds good to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment